Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Hi all . . . Jeff here. Well, a lot has happened since my last post. Just when things seemed to be going well, I came down with a nasty bout of nausea and a fever, which meant a trip to the emergency room on Saturday night. The reason I had to go to the emergency room is that a fever could signify that my white blood cell counts had dropped to a level that is too low to fight off an infection. Fortunately, they didn't find a reason for the fever; my blood counts were a bit low but not too low to be of concern. So they put me on an antibiotic and sent me home. And just as I was beginning to think I would be laid low for the remainder of my recovery, things got better again. On Easter Sunday, I was feeling sluggish but was able to eat our Easter dinner. And today I feel pretty good and had a great lunch at Pappasita's Cantina, a fantastic restaurant here in Houston (I think they have locations elsewhere). It's amazing what changes can occur in just a few days.

We're having a great visit with the kids here in Houston. We took in a movie yesterday and had cake and ice cream to celebrate Aubrey's birthday since we won't be together on Thursday (her actual birthday). The kids are going to try to go swimming in the apartment pool today, too. They're so excited about getting in the water. I think they'll find it a bit cold but there's no harm in letting them dip in their toes. To a trio of Wisconsin kids, the weather down here--it's 75 today--is absolutely balmy!

One more thing I want to mention: a big thank you to Greg Koch for organizing the fundraiser this coming Saturday, April 13. I don't know what I've done to deserve such support but I'm truly grateful for everything Greg has done to support me and my family during this ordeal. He put in several hours at the earlier fundraiser and now he's doing it again. THANK YOU GREG! If you want more information about the fundraiser, go to www.doddfamilyfund.com. No one in my family will be able to attend the fundraiser as they're all going to be in Branson, Missouri for my sister's wedding, but we'll be thinking about it and giving thanks to God for good friends like Greg and everyone else involved in planning the event.

Next time I post, I should have the results of the CT scans that I took this morning. Pray for good results.

Jeff

1 comment:

Ron & Mary said...

Jeff, Kelly, and family,
Glad to hear that you are feeling better and had the chance to enjoy Easter with your family. I'm sure that will give you the energy to get through your next round of treatment (and there will be a next round, positive thinking never hurt, hehe.) It's amazing how the Easter Bunny, Santa Clause, or whoever can find the kids even when we're out of town.
I'll make sure to wish Aubrey a Happy Birthday when we see her Friday. It's hard to believe that Kelsie will be 11 and Aubrey will be 12 tomorrow already. Time sure flyes. Don't you just love these pre-teen years, hehe.
You're always in our thoughts and prayers.
Love and Prayers,
Ron, Mary, Kelsie, Leslie Dodd