Sunday, November 23, 2008

on a happier note....

hey everybody it's aubrey :) i thought i'd save my mom some time and energy by putting up a blog for her, so here it is. first of all, we'd like to say thanks to Brendan and Meaghen Gardiner (and of course Grace and Clare) for coming up and visiting with us for the weekend. we all had a great time! other than that, nothing very eventful has happened lately. school is going good for regan, jack, and i (we all had excellent report cards!) and i'm assuming work is okay for my mom...

anyway, if anyone cares to know what's going on with me, it's nothing very exciting. i went to the play "Little Shop of Horrors" with some of my good friends on Saturday night. it was done by the players at East Highschool here in Wauwatosa, and their shows are always AMAZING because they really put a lot of work into them, but i think they really outdid themselves this time. all my friends and i were very impressed, so i just thought i'd share that with all of you. otherwise i've just been hanging out with my friends and family.

by the way, i have some really hot gossip for all of you.... finn sadly dumped the swiffer and found a new love-the dust pan and broom! see, we have this tiny little hand broom and dust pan and when he saw it, it was like love at first sight. now he sweeps everything he sees even if it's not dirty!! he also made it his own little personal chore to help with the laundry. when we switch the laundry to the dryer, we have to hand the wet clothes to him first so that he can shove them into the dryer. it's pretty cute the way he just has to clean everything!! also, my mom got out the vacuum the other day (i know, it's crazy, i never thought i'd type that) and finn insisted on vacuuming for her and wouldn't let her do any of it. he's a little obsessive compulsive when it comes to cleaning, but that's okay.

one last thing before i go: i would just like to give a shoutout to regan because tonight she single-handedly took all the pictures that were on the bulletin boards at the visitation and put them into a leather photo album given to us by her school. so yeah, props to regan :D
i gotta go now (i have a big, long 2 day week ahead of me because of Thanksgiving week-lol!)

Bye!
love,
aubrey

8 comments:

Mary M Clay said...

Hey Aubrey! Grandma and I got kick out of Finn's new passion? He cleans, vacuums AND does laundry? Can he come to Chicago for a while? :) Hope you all enjoy the holiday week...and be sure to eat lots of good food on Thursday!
Love you!
Aunt MM and Grandma Mary

mka said...

Aubrey,I like the movie Little Shop of Horrors. If you get a chance, rent it. The actors in it are great. I'm sure it's cool seeing it in person too though. Your mom told me that Finn also brought her a diaper so she could change him. I think he will be pretty easy to potty train. He's so cute.

Ann R said...

Hi All,
Wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving Weekend !!
Just want you to know I love reading your blog you girl's keep up the good work. Maybe you could publish something or this blog.

Enjoy your time off !
Ann Reins
Omaha NE

Jim said...

Ha Ha, schools get nine days off for Thanksgiving down here, but then again, education isn't viewed as all that important in Alabama!

mjhogan53213 said...

Hi Aubrey,
I met you and your dad a few winters back sledding along the parkway. I remember hearing your dad call you and I introduced myself as "The Other Aubrey's dad"
I am sure she would be embarrassed to know my comments include her!

And now I have come to know of your dad's story because my wife writes a blog about her late husband http://mysaintedeadhusband.blogspot.com/
and follows this blog. I am glad to know your family is doing well and here are to happy memories of sledding.
Take good care
Mike Hogan

michelle wait said...

Hey Aubrey Kate! Thanks for the update on the DoddSquad. Hope you all have a very Happy Thanksgiving! Props to Regan! I'd like to look at the album you put together sometime. Love you all!
Aunt Michelle

mka said...

I hope you all have a happy Thanksgiving. I wish you were here. Love, Mom

Terri said...

Aubrey,
I have a feeling that as you continue to morph into Kelly that you will also take on her writing/talking style as well. You and Kelly have the same type of way of talking. I think that is funny.
Anyway, I loved Little Shop of Horrors too. I loved watching the movie. That is funny about Finn. I'm telling you when he gets older Kelly won't have anything to do, because Finn will want to do all of it. So, next you guys need to start working on him about cooking. Then Finn will grow up to be like your butler. He'll do all your cooking and cleaning and when you want to go out with a friend and Kelly says you have to clean your room first- then that is where Finn comes in and he does it for you and you don't even have to bribe him to do it for you. YOu just say Finn, "If clean my room for me this time so I can go out with my friends I'll let you do it again the next time I want to go out." And Finn will be like, "Really thanks Aubrey, can I also dust your room too and color code your closet?" And then you say, "Sure Finn, knock yourself out."
Well, enough of that. I'm glad everything is going well. Thanks for keeping all of us posted.
Love,
Terri