Hi. Friday they moved me to the Zilber Hospice in Wauwatosa. It's very close to home--literally over the river and through the woods--about two blocks away. It looks more like a 5-star hotel than a hospital room.
I would like to have visitors BUT it is essential that I not over-exert myself and that I get lots of rest each day. If you want to visit, please observe the following rules:
1. Please keep visits short.
2. DO NOT visit if you have a cold or are recovering from a cold or if you have another communicable disease.
3. Please plan to visit between noon and 1:30 p.m. You do not need to call in advance.
4. If you arrive when I am visiting with someone else, please wait quietly in the hallway.
5. I don't mind more than one visitor at a time, but please try to limit groups; young children (7 and younger) should not stay more than 3-5 minutes.
My primary goal is to get rest so that my body can heal to the point that it can accept another round of cancer treatment.
We will try to keep the blog as up to date as possible so that there is less need for phone calls.